This is an event of paramount importance for all EFFAT affiliates, but also a great opportunity to spread across Europe a strong, clear and united political message.
To do so in an appropriate manner, we also need to have a strong communication strategy and the support of our affiliates.
We are therefore here to ask for your contribution on 4 specific actions:
1) Like it and Share it! – We need your social media help, starting now!
It is of absolute importance that you:
- Follow EFFAT on twitter: @EFFAT_org
- Like EFFAT on Facebook: EFFATPress
- Invite all your members to follow us on social media
- Use the Congress dedicated HASHTAG already from now for all social media news related to EFFAT and Europe: #StrongerEFFAT
- Share, translate and retweet our posts towards and during Congress
- Place the Congress logo on your homepage (available for download here) with a direct link to the EFFAT Congress website
A calendar of social media launches will be available soon to you and your communication departments.
2) Use the Congress to raise awareness on Your campaigns and fights! Call for banners and slogans
We will be around 300 delegates at the Congress. We must use this massive strength to promote your fights and campaigns!
The Congress can be the place where your campaign gets further visibility and where we can better show our solidarity and support to your fight. We aim at having several banners carrying the slogans of many international or local campaigns. Photo actions can be organized on the spot.
Please inform the EFFAT Secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible about:
- Slogans /campaign that are relevant to you
- Availability to carry banners – that would be of course appreciated
A list will be drafted up according to your responses
3) We want to reach out your communication department!
It is relevant that most of the communication circulars before congress reaches the right communication people so that it can be further disseminated at national level also with local press.
- Please share with me (email@example.com) the email addresses of the people in charge of communication press and social media
- Can you send him/her to Congress? As you know resources for communication at EFFAT are quite limited. We need help onsite if we want our message to be delivered in an appropriate manner. If some communication savvy colleagues could be with me in Zagreb, messages would be amplified, and we’d organize a motivated team on the spot. How great!
4) Call for video and photos
We are preparing a video to be launched during the Congress and, in general, we are specifically looking for videos to promote the work of our members.
- Please send us your high-resolution pictures both of workplaces and demonstrations (thanks to those who have already done so).
- Professional video footages can also be very useful.
We hope this is not too much in view of congress and we thank you very much in advance for your collaboration on this.
Of course, should you need any info or have great ideas you want to share, do not hesitate to get in touch with the EFFAT Secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org !
European Federation of Food Agriculture and Tourism Trade Unions
Communications, press and campaigns
Youth & LGBTQ officer
T.+32 (0)2 209 62 62 | M.+32 (0) 488 337 409
Av. Louise 130a Boite 3, 1050 | Brussels